Friday, November 5, 2010

SORRY!!!....i'm back!

ok, i know it seems like absolutely forever since i've posted--i'm sorry!  but so thankful for everyone who txt or emailed me to double check on me! 

i had an appointment yesterday, but didn't get to update you about it b/c as soon as i got home from work, i crashed and didn't get up til time for work this morning.  i guess the halloween season is finally catching up.  but thankfully sleep cures all.  :) 

so at the suppression check yesterday, they did blood work to check estradiol levels--which i'll have to continue to do throughout the rest of this process.  i had an ultrasound to check the microfollicles & for cycsts.  i saw a nurse practitioner to go over all my current meds & a checkup.  she took me off all my allergy meds--this could be bad, since my allergies are TERRIBLE in the fall!  talked to the embryologist who will be performing the ICSI process i talked about previously, to which she went into great detail about (--way too much detail for my small brain).  finally, i talked with my nurse about my plan this upcoming week, and went over the injections i start tomorrow.  WOW.  this was an overwhelming appointment.  when i left, i had brain overload.  what if i screw something up???  what if i don't take my meds correctly and mess up this whole cycle?   ugh! 

anyway, i will start injections tomorrow...twice a day (12 hours apart), plus a steroid (dexamethasone 1mg) at bedtime with each injection.  then i go back wednesday & friday for another ultrasound and bloodwork to check estradiol levels.  it's a shame i have to drive 2 hours just for that, b/c it will only take 20 minutes at the most...but it will be sooo worth it IF this works.  then my nurse will give me more instruction from wednesday forward.  i'm trying to take this one day at a time so i don't stress out too much!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is on track :) Don't worry about screwing up the shots. I had so much anxiety over that and called the nurses constantly! They assured me that I'd have to do something pretty major to mess it up completely..LOL

    I prayed everytime I took the shot, "Lord, please let me be doing this correctly & at the right time!" HaHa

    ReplyDelete