Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 41. EGG RETRIEVAL!!!

i'm finally home after a long exhausting day in nashville.  i did at least get to sleep in until 6 this morning!  my appointment was at 10, and i had to be there by 9.  they took us back to the surgery center, and started my iv (propofol, versed, & fentanyl).  (can i just say what an awesome staff they have at the nashville fertility clinic?  i've been beyond impressed--they really do cater to you there.)

the nurse came in and explained everything, then so did the dr.--a new one that i haven't met yet in the team of 4 at the clinic.  they came to get clint to take him to retrieve his sample.  then off i went into dream land!  i woke back up around 11/11:30ish. 

the embryologist came in to tell me they retrieved 23 eggs!  wow!  seems like a lot to me, but she said that they see anywhere from 0-60.  and somewhere in the teens and 20's are a perfect number.  they did the ICSI process today, where they insert the sperm inside the egg, and let them do "their thing" in a dish, where over the next few days they will grow, and split.  i also started my IM shots in my hips today...thank goodness someone offered to do these for me who is awesome at her job!   i'm also starting medrol 16mg, and tetracycline 250mg today.  i will return to the office on tuesday for the transfer.  in the mean time, my nurse will be leaving me messages daily about my little embryo  :)  and i will definately keep you updated, and i ask that you all continue to pray!!!  pray for these shots...i know they will get old fast.  pray for my little embryo.  pray for my mommy--i think this process hurts her more than it actually does me!  pray for clint as he has to put up with the raging hormones.  i know whatever the outcome in 2 weeks, i am still blessed beyond belief.

so...they keep you in recovery until you pee good.  lol...except i couldn't!  i did wake up with a LOT of pressure inside.  my pain scale (from 1-10), i was about a 4.5-5.  pressure is still there, but after the pain meds, i'm feeling much better now.  after laying there TRYING TO SLEEP, they kept waking me up to pee, and after i finally went, they let me go!

i had a long bumpy ride home.  but i made it.  i'm home, ready to eat, and go to bed!   thanks to all who txt me, sent me messages, (and my 1 and only phone call--my daddy--to get me all choked up, early this morning to say he was praying for me).  i love you all  :) 

~~LLC

2 comments:

  1. Have really good feelings, hoping they're right! Will keep the prayers going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori I love you sweetie. I know that is a tedious journey, but the reward will be well worth all the trial. God be with your little embryo and may he grow to be big and strong even now I know God has His plans for it. Will continue to pray for you. Blessing - Cindy

    ReplyDelete