Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 38 (of 55)

So I just left my Drs office in Nashville, heading back to Greenville to work. Whew. Early mornings are wearing me out!!! I really do enjoy a good 8-9 hours of sleep a night! I had a good appointment today. At least 30-35 follicles today, and 4-5 of them are perfect size already. Which means only 2 more days of blood work & ultrasounds. My nurse said egg retrieval will be Thursday!!! She gave me samples of 1 more day of my regular injections, which saved me literally hundreds of dollars today--thank God!!!

Even though I'll pretty much be there every day this week, i won't have to go as often after the retrieval. I will only go back for the transfer!!!...then the dreadful wait before I can test.

I'm really thankful during this season for so much. Thankful for those who have made it easy for me to take off as I've needed. Thankful for this cycle to have gone fairly easily for me. Thankful for safe traveling to and from Nashville so often. Thankful for my 2 awesome friends that took over my spin classes so I didn't have to feel guilty about missing (since I'm not allowed to work out). Thankful for my encouraging friends, and extremely supportive family--for those of you who have checked on me, emailed me, txt me. Thankful for my group of ivf girls who have done this before and have answered all my questions, without you all, and your prayers this would have been impossible!  Thankful for my husband/temporary nurse who has dealt with my raging hormones/mood swings, and crazy temperature changes in the house and car without complaining.  (i finally turned the heat on in the house since we were waking up to the house being 60 degrees, and he was sleeping in a hoodie and sweatpants, while i'm sweating thru a tank top!)

I'm sooo incredibly blessed, and even though I know it, sometimes I realize it takes trials to bring those blessings to light. :)

It's not over, and I'm still being realistic, but super excited about the fact that I could have a little baby in my belly in 2 weeks!!!! What an answered prayer that will be, after years & YEARS of praying faithfully for the one desire of my heart.

I'm gonna sign off before the waterworks start, plus I've just pulled into taco bell--it's lunch time!!!

~~LLC

3 comments:

  1. John 16:21 A woman when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

    I know you're not "in labor," but the labor you're putting into this child already is becoming taxing and scary and hard. Know that one day, joy is going to replace all this labor. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff and I have been and will continue to ask God to make this happen. We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want you to know that I am still praying. Hope everything goes well Thursday.

    ReplyDelete