Sunday, October 3, 2010

To post, or not to post...

OK...after much debate, back and forth, i've decided (after a few of you have asked me) to start this blog about my adventures in infertility and my upcoming ivf treatment.  a few of you said it may be hard after making all this info public, and a few of you said by posting all this info that i would have a bigger support group praying for us.  so i decided that even if this doesn't turn out like we plan, then at least i know (if i don't end up in western state) that i had a huge team of family and friends praying with me!  which i will most certainly need, as some of you already know who have dealt with this issue.  ugh!

here's a little background for ya.  it's been nearly 5 years that we have been trying.  after SEVERAL tests, lots of bloodwork, many procedures, 3 failed IUI's, and too many months and months of crying when that time of the month comes, we finally decided to do IVF--in vitro fertilization.

 i'm hoping that me posting in the next several weeks, i can vent, get support, a few shoulders to cry on (when i start the extra hormone injections), and definately help you to understand why you NEVER NEVER NEVER should tell someone that their time clock is ticking away!!!  seriously.  AND, unless you're ready for a look that can kill, or a major cry-fest, please don't ever ask "are you ever gonna have kids?"

ha!.....i'm hoping that in just a few months, i can look back and realize exactly what God had in mind for me all these years of trying and not succeeding.  JEREMIAH 29:11...
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
i hear these words, and i repeat them to myself A LOT, but i'm sooo ready to really understand those plans!

 LLC

7 comments:

  1. Lori,
    I am so glad that you decided to share this way. I am looking forward to reading your updates....maybe this way, I won't be hounding you in the pharmacy for the latest news.
    Ever since you shared with me your favorite verse, Jeremiah 29:11, I have committed it to memory and repeat to myself quite often. You are an inspiration to me and to many others. I wouldn't trade your friendship for anything in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I am glad that you decided to share too.

    You know that I have been there. I will hold you guys in my thoughts and prayers daily. If there is anything I can do or tell you about the procedure let me know.

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Lori and Clint,
    I cannot imagine the emotions you both are going through. When I talk to you about your plans to do the IVF, you seem hopeful yet realistic. You are an inspiration. This probably consumes you in every part of your life and I just want you to remember that the two of you are important to all of us in many ways and not just as potential parents. God has blessed you with each other and some people don't get to experience what you have so don't forget to be kind and completely unconditionally love each other. I pray for you to have peace through this cause the hormones won't let you. I pray for patience for you cause the calendar won't let you. I pray for understanding cause it makes no sense. I love you both and am so glad you are sharing like this so I can to continue to pray in more specifics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,
    I'm so glad you've started this! I'm very excited for y'all and am glad to be able to stay abreast of everything that's going to be happening. I'm sure the necessary treatments before the procedure will be difficult, but you are nothing if not resilient. Alexis and I are praying for you both everyday!
    Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you made the right choice. I got tickled at "are you ever going to have kids?" because last night at bible study, we talked about Abraham and Sarah. Maybe the next time someone says that to you, you could politely tell them that God blessed Sarah with Isaac at age 99. Ha ha!!! I hope it doesn't take that long for you though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for all the insensitivity of careless words. I hope the care and love of those who know you best will be a bandaid of sorts. We love you and pray for you as you go through all this crazy. May God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well since I couldn't talk you into adoption ( cause you get really good ones like me!) I will continue to pray for you both in this amazing thing called ivf!
    You might also want to rally up some of your prayer partners to pray for your co-workers too once you start those shots!
    Check out all the cool ivf stuff on NPR they aired today in honor of the Nobel prize winner who discovered ivf.

    ReplyDelete