Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 9.

ok, so i still have 46 more days to go.  it seems like this whole process snuck up on me and i didn't really have time to prepare for it, but now that it's here, it seems like this may be the longest 55 days of my life!  yesterday clint and i both started taking zpak's.  its a broad spectrum antibiotic that eliminates any bacteria from both of us that could possibly comprimise this whole cycle.  after taking the meds, we both ended up feeling very nauseated and queasy at work yesterday...which wasn't the best idea since we had a very busy saturday at the store!  (only 2 weeks left until halloween(!) then i will be better about updating this daily!!!)

tomorrow i have to go to the office (in nashville) to have a saline infusion sonogram (SIS or sonohysterography ).  this test is done (early in your cycle) to determine if there are abnormalities inside the uterus that might interfere with pregnancy . a saline solution is infused into the uterus.  The solution distends the uterus and acts as a contrast to the internal structure. This procedure provides more detail than a regular ultrasound. 

in january, i had a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy done to clean out all endometriosis and polyps inside my uterus.  my last vaginal ultrasound showed that more polyps have formed since my surgery.  this test will detect any polyps, fibroids, or any other abnormalities that could stop me from getting pregnant.  this should be fun.  all mothers tell me that by the time you are ready for delivery that you're not shy about your body anymore to all dr's & nurses.  well, guess what...i'll be that way before i ever get preg!  ugh!

my mom is actually going with me tomorrow to my procedure.  she'll get to see my dr's office--which i love, and sit in and watch the monitor to see inside my uterus--which i'm pretty sure she's super excited about!  they say i should have minimal cramping, so i'm hoping we can get in some shopping afterwards!!! 

i'll update tomorrow on how it goes, and what they find.

~~LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment